Friday, 03 December 2010

Christmas is creeping upon us!

Can you believe today there is only another 22 days until the 25th of December?
Have you done your shopping? I tried, but have not yet succeeded and I am so unorganised at the moment, its not even funny.
Here is my company's business christmas card to anyone and everyone, so I thought I may as well post it on my blog and the amazing model is Miss Lauren Weeks. A top 10 competitor for Jozi's next top model which is going to be on Etv starting next February.
I am sooo proud of her and can't wait for her to win the show... Last night I organised a shoot with her, did her makeup and the amazing Nick Goldsworthy of NGD Photography shot it... and I can't wait to see the results!
I finally reliased on Monday that I do not know where the last year has disappeared to. My amazing boyfriend, Brett's birthday was on Monday and  he turned 22 this year, and I just remembered how much stress and pressure I was under this time last year trying to make sure his 21st was perfect, trying to organise cup cakes, getting his friends to my place, organising food, drinks, money, presents etc etc. I cannot believe that its been a whole year since then.
I have Santa coming to visit my place tomorrow for a shoot with my gorgeous nephew CJ and some of my brothers friends kids... I'm so excited to see Santa, I will have to try and have my photo taken with him too, but I don't know if he will let me sit on his lap! :)
I hate Christmas shopping terribly, but I know it needs to be done. I actually lie, I don't hate it... I hate it when I absolutely no idea what to buy for people. I've literally run out of gift ideas... and I need serious help! I seem to always give people photographs which is great, as everyone appreciates a photograph in a nice frame but I honestly cannot keep on giving these unoriginal gifts as pressies. I need to do some serious brainstorming of who is getting what and then go out and fight the Christmas crowds and try to buy it, if I can find what I want!!
This time last year too, I was fairly organised as I was going to the UK to go and spend some time with my massive family over there - so I had to have all my shopping in order and everything that wasn't - I knew I'd be able to get over there... Also this time last year, my schedule was no where near as hectic as it has been this year, so now I struggle to actually find the time to do shopping period. In my free time all I want to do is either, eat, drink, be with my baby, and/ or sleep, or all of the above! ha ha!
I hope your Christmas shopping hasn't been as painful as mine is/ or is going to be... but I know it'll be worth it for a couple of days downtime to relax and recharge my batteries in time for my big road trip down to cape town!!
Peace, love & cupcakes
Flea

No comments: