Thursday, 09 December 2010

Busy Busy Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Can't believe what happens when you market yourself and work your ass off. People start to know who you are and request to work with you - instead of the other way round.
I got my brand new studio lights and backdrops 2 weekends ago... and I've only done three proper shoots with them and I've been itching to just shoot more.
My first official shoot with them was with my 6 month old nephew and his friends with Santa Clause, which was on the past weekend on the Saturday, the lights worked well and I'm still learning my way around them properly but were a success nonetheless and I have already finished editing all 3 families Christmas photos so that they can have them to enjoy for the month of December.
I then did two shoots on the Sunday with them. I shot a portrait session for a stunning young lady called Des and did her makeup and then after her I shot my first band, 11th Hour.
This week I've found out that I will be doing makeup for Jozi's Next Top Model - a show that is set to start in February but the launch party is this weekend coming up on Saturday at Jet and I'm doing 3 models makeup for the event - excitement is! I'm contemplating getting my makeup done as the event will be widely marketed and I want to make a great impression of my makeup skills too!!
I'm taking half day tomorrow so that I can do makeup for Graphic Art at lunch time and then have a wee bit of a breather before my weekend takes a hold of me. Saturday I am doing makeup for the stunning Dominique Spruch and her friend at Odendaals at 9:30am, then onward to my studio and I'm shooting two teenagers portfolios with very basic and minimal makeup and then its the launch party at 6pm at Jet next to the Dome to do 3 girls makeup and possibly one of the organisers makeup for the show.
I'm holding thumbs for Lauren Weeks to win this show! So if you wish to join, please contact me and I will make sure you get your ticket from Lauren - as the girl that sells the most tickets to the launch party wins immunity for the first challenge.
Peace, love & cupckaes,
Flea

No comments: