Monday, 19 July 2010

Recent June/ July Photography

I shot late one Friday evening with Mirinda Liza, at my little home studio in Bedfordview, as a part of my makeup (MissFitz Make-up) portfolio. I've seen many images recently, while searching various sources, such as model mayhem, of make-up of masks on the face. This was a complete experiment on my part, and I think that the image speaks for itself on the part that It really does have a dramatic effect. She was an awesome model to work with, and I would gladly reccommend her to any photographer, because she was so patient with me while I was sticking a rhinestone mask to her face! :)

One of my oldest friends, Shelly and I did our makeup course together in April. She has not had time to practice any of her new found skills on new faces since we completed the course, and I had been pestering her for a while to let me shoot the jewellry that she makes, she brought her friend Lauren Strachan to practice her make-up application on and get some free advertising for her jewellry which I think she will eventually make a facebook group to advertise both her make-up skills and her beautiful range of jewellry that she has for sale.

Lauren Weeks and Greg Dennis... aaah these photographs make my knees weak. I know I am blowing my own horn here, but the whole collection of pictures from this particula shoot with the old school, somewhat vintage, meets Pearl Harbour meets Twilight look, was an absolute blast to be Lauren's chosen photographer for her idea. We shot on location, at Gillooly's Farm and I'm so happy I got to shoot Lauren again before she moved to New Zealand, South Africa has lost a top class model.

Something a little more crazy, modern, and more fun than the outdoor vintage look, Lauren and Greg have fabulous chemistry to work with, and it was so much getting to shoot too old friends. Still bummed Lauren has flown far far away!



Kerri Rudolph, wow! One of the most fabulous models I've had the pleasure of working with and doing make-up on. We had originally decided to go and shoot also at Gillooly's, but due to it being winter and it was possibly one of the coldest days of the year, we did makeup at my studio and just played around a bit. I wasn't properly set up so the images are not my best, but Kerri made them look good.







No comments: